TOM Premium Shop

5SUKI!

Does anyone know the meaning behind the nickname Crow, in anime???

6 comments

posted by

user

feather268

Is this the anime with the tamayori princess by any chance?(sorry the name escapes me)

posted by

user

Murt Farrell

Not necessarily there's three anime that i know of that use Crow
ie: Accel world, Deadman wonderland, and Air Gear... And I' sure there's
other anime that use the same nickname

posted by

user

feather268

then my explanation wouldn't suffice :/ in the anime I'm talking about there are 4-5 guardians that protect the tamayori princess and the one with the nickname crow is called so because he is the decendent of the crow that fought the demonlord who tried to destroy earth or something to that effect I havent watched accel world yet and I havent heard of the other two so I have no idea why sorry :/

posted by

user

Murt Farrell

Well crow in general in Japanese mythology is the symbol of a guide or a friend to human kind and is considered to represent good omen and all. Not sure if this helps but i guess this is the most general thing that came to my mind. probably the characters have nicknames because of their personality and i think even as demonic creatures the crow has been always considered a being with wisdom and knowledge or a guide. i hope this helps

posted by

user

Elle

Crow in Air Gear is referenced b/c he ha black hair and loves to fly(hence bird). If he was a red head i'm sure they'd call him "robin". that's all the help i can give. I am not familiar with folklore. i would go with Murt's explanation

posted by

user

Michelle Clarkson

crows are typical bird but sometimes have good or bad omens with them in any show i've seen with someone nicknamed crow they lose their wings either meatphorically or literally

posted by

user

Jamil Johnson

Do you like Tokyo Otaku Mode?

Forum Rules

• Posting adult-themed or morally reprehensible content is not allowed.
  • Posting advertisements or spam is not allowed.
  • Posting anything that depicts drug use, illegal acts, or is racially discriminatory is not allowed.
  • Posting personal information, such as a telephone number or address, is not allowed.
  • Linking to an illegal download is not allowed.
  • If your post contains story spoilers, please write (Spoilers) in the thread title.
  • Tokyo Otaku Mode Inc. is not responsible for any penalty or damages incurred due to the aforementioned rules.